Articles on this Page
- 02/28/15--05:41: _Boldly Go Mr. Spock
- 03/04/15--01:00: _Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 03/04/15--02:40: _Manguso. Magnificent.
- 03/05/15--02:17: _More Manguso Memories
- 03/06/15--02:10: _9° F. March 6. When?
- 03/17/15--01:00: _Blue
- 03/31/15--01:00: _Now. Now.
- 04/07/15--01:00: _A blessed unrest th...
- 04/08/15--01:00: _Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 04/10/15--02:54: _But right now I’m h...
- 04/21/15--18:08: _It’s been a long day
- 05/13/15--01:00: _Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 05/13/15--01:30: _Packing our bags an...
- 06/16/15--01:35: _Mmmmmmm, yep, close.
- 06/18/15--01:00: _Lightly child, lightly
- 06/19/15--01:30: _That aching gap
- 06/23/15--17:30: _It’s been a long day
- 06/25/15--01:30: _What do you mean?
- 07/01/15--01:00: _Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 07/22/15--01:00: _Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 02/28/15--05:41: Boldly Go Mr. Spock
- 03/04/15--01:00: Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 03/04/15--02:40: Manguso. Magnificent.
- 03/05/15--02:17: More Manguso Memories
- 03/06/15--02:10: 9° F. March 6. When?
- 03/17/15--01:00: Blue
- 03/31/15--01:00: Now. Now.
- 04/08/15--01:00: Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 04/10/15--02:54: But right now I’m happy, happier, ish
- 04/21/15--18:08: It’s been a long day
- 05/13/15--01:00: Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 05/13/15--01:30: Packing our bags and leaving our worst selves for our better ones
- 06/16/15--01:35: Mmmmmmm, yep, close.
- 06/18/15--01:00: Lightly child, lightly
- 06/19/15--01:30: That aching gap
- 06/23/15--17:30: It’s been a long day
- 06/25/15--01:30: What do you mean?
- 07/01/15--01:00: Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 07/22/15--01:00: Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
Image Source: larygo and mayangelsfall
Caleb’s baby! Source:Frans de Waal – Public Page . Thank you Horty.
She’s Sarah Manguso. A 41-year old writer and poet born in Massachusetts and author of the highly acclaimed memoir The Two Kinds of Decay. Karen mentioned that she “loved” Manguso’s work so that was enough for me. Her new book Ongoing: The End of A Diary was released yesterday. This slim 144-page book is a gem. I’m […]
After yesterday’s post introducing Sarah Manguso in Manguso Magnificent, we’re back with more. Sarah Manguso, Ongoingness: The End of a Diary: I assumed that maximizing the breadth and depth of my autobiographical memory would be good for me, force me to write and live with greater care, but in the last thing one writer ever […]
And then there are the times when I close my eyes and just sit there, with the breeze blowing on my face, and the light inside the air, all around me and just beyond my eyes, and the world all red, a beautiful red inside my eyes, with the sun shining on me and my […]
The photographer is marco andres argüello. He was born and raised in McAllen, Texas and is currently living in Miami Beach, Florida. Be sure to check out his amazing web site here. My favorite collections are Greek Isles, Island and Ultraviolet. Soure: eikadan
As Robert Frost once wrote, “A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It is never a thought to begin with.” I recommend the following course of action for those, like you, who are just starting out, or who, like me, may be re-configuring midway through. […]
By: Lili Loofbourow, The Many Faces of Tatiana Maslany: Tatiana Maslany, the 29-year old actress, is a native of Regina, Saskatchewan. She is the leading lady on the set of “Orphan Black,” the BBC America television show that has the same star many times over. “Orphan Black,” you see, is about a group of persecuted clones, […]
Notes: Sensual Starfish Background on Caleb/Wednesday/Hump Day Posts and Geico’s original commercial: Let’s Hit it Again
Michael Hainey in an interview with Steve Coogan: Comedian Steve Coogan is Happyish: MH: If you look at yourself now—a man nearing 50—what would you have said to the young Steve Coogan? SC: It’s a very good question. Well, I would have… [long pause] aimed higher. I don’t just mean that in a career sense, I […]
Sometimes I grow weary with all the days, with their fits and starts. I want to climb some old gray mountain, slowly, taking the rest of my lifetime to do it, resting often, sleeping under the pines or, above them, on the unclothed rocks. I want to see how many stars are still in the sky that we […]
davidkaniganblack and white,photography,portrait
Notes: Photograph: Peace Flash. Thank you Horty. Background on Caleb/Wednesday/Hump Day Posts and Geico’s original commercial: Let’s Hit it Again
Empathy isn’t just something that happens to us—a meteor shower of synapses firing across the brain—it’s also a choice we make: to pay attention, to extend ourselves. It’s made of exertion, that dowdier cousin of impulse. Sometimes we care for another because we know we should, or because it’s asked for, but this doesn’t make […]
My special talents include: jumping to the worst conclusion possible and worrying about that thing for hours. ~ Taylar Photo Source: Luca Bortolato via eikadan
Every morning Swimming up out of dreams I surrender to being here I let go into gravity Into the way the sweet earth pulls me to her Head, hip, arm, leg . . . . with each exhale I drop further Into cool white sheets, firm mattress, bed frame, floor, walls, earth, earth, earth. . […]
I am still beset by the same old lusts and ego and emotions, the endless nagging details and irritations – that aching gap between what I know and what I am. ~ Peter Matthiessen, The Snow Leopard Source: Schonwieder
Each evening comes from a new place. Maybe this is the other life we were meant to live. It leans against you as the wind. ~ Richard Jackson, from “Fear,” in Resonance: Poems Sources: photo – life is beautiful. Poem: to escape from the commonplace of existences
[…] The room is dark, and the light is on her (Dr. Wendy Fried’s) face. I see her eyes, moving around, like she’s panicking. I felt the blood draining out of my face. My lips got cold. “I’m so sorry, Eleni,” she said. […] I barely got my words out, asking, “What do you mean?” […]
Notes: Photo: Poppins-Me Background on Caleb/Wednesday/Hump Day Posts and Geico’s original commercial: Let’s Hit it Again
Notes: Source: Buddy Venturanza Background on Caleb/Wednesday/Hump Day Posts and Geico’s original commercial: Let’s Hit it Again