Articles on this Page
- 10/03/14--02:02: _Word
- 10/05/14--02:48: _If I met the younge...
- 10/10/14--17:56: _Driving. The last m...
- 10/11/14--01:09: _I love Saturday Mor...
- 10/15/14--17:39: _We’re going with it...
- 10/28/14--17:00: _Fire Painter
- 11/10/14--01:35: _Monday Gotta
- 11/18/14--02:22: _There’s that split ...
- 11/25/14--01:00: _They bust you by be...
- 11/27/14--04:30: _Human. Roll it.
- 11/30/14--02:57: _Let me get back to ...
- 12/16/14--01:00: _War
- 12/24/14--01:00: _Pangs of searching ...
- 12/31/14--01:00: _Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 01/02/15--01:30: _Two Minute Personal...
- 01/02/15--03:16: _Sum, ergo cogito: c...
- 01/07/15--17:36: _Word, Please
- 01/13/15--01:30: _There’s the purpose...
- 02/12/15--17:00: _It’s Been A Long Da...
- 02/19/15--01:00: _Lightly child, lightly
- 10/03/14--02:02: Word
- 10/05/14--02:48: If I met the younger version of myself, we would…
- 10/10/14--17:56: Driving. The last mile.
- 10/11/14--01:09: I love Saturday Mornings!
- 10/15/14--17:39: We’re going with it. All of it.
- 10/28/14--17:00: Fire Painter
- 11/10/14--01:35: Monday Gotta
- 11/18/14--02:22: There’s that split second moment
- 11/25/14--01:00: They bust you by being grateful for the day
- 11/27/14--04:30: Human. Roll it.
- 11/30/14--02:57: Let me get back to you on this
- 12/16/14--01:00: War
- 12/31/14--01:00: Guess.What.Day.It.Is?
- 01/02/15--01:30: Two Minute Personality Test
- 01/02/15--03:16: Sum, ergo cogito: cogito, ergo sum.
- 01/07/15--17:36: Word, Please
- 01/13/15--01:30: There’s the purpose. Right there.
- 02/12/15--17:00: It’s Been A Long Day (Keep Me Silent)
- 02/19/15--01:00: Lightly child, lightly
You are looking for the “right” word. For a paper, an article, a story, a blog post, a presentation – – you’re trying to express a intense moment, a feeling, an emotion. Words, sentences, paragraphs, a continuous stream flowing…your back and forth rhythm now rudely interrupted. You have hit The Wall. You can’t climb over […]
davidkaniganblack and white, photography
Liz Danzico is the creative director for NPR. Here’s how she opens her post: I think a lot about what I would say to the younger version of myself if I met her again, if I met her through the still moments of all the motion of youth — when she was sitting at the piano, […]
I’ve been searching for a passage that I read weeks ago. I can see the font size, the paragraph, the white space, the light above and below the words. Strings that dangle in my consciousness. Yet, despite my end of day Google searches, I’ve come up empty. It goes something like this: People ask you: […]
Source: So Many Cute Animals. (Photo so much like Zeke, not Zeke!)
The quote, paired with Meryl Streep photographs, was erroneously attributed to Streep and has been going viral on the internet. The quote was written by Portuguese self-help author/life coach José Micard Teixeira. It’s not clear that this quote has any connection to Meryl Streep, but, we love the quote and we love Meryl, so we’re going […]
French Canadian artist Steve Spazuk is from Lery, Quebec. Here’s his bio from Spazuk.com: For the past 14 years, Spazuk has developed and perfected a unique technique that allows him to use the flame of a candle or the flame of a torch as a pencil to create his paintings with trails of soot. Using various […]
You can change your clothes, but you gotta love your bones, baby. - Jessica Blankenship, How To Not Fail At Your New Years Resolution Notes: Bio: Jessica Blankenship. Quote Source: How To Not Fail At Your New Years Resolution Sources: Quote - Splitterherzen. Portrait - Solemn via krisavant
you know when someone asks you a general question like “how are you” or jokingly says something like “do you ever even sleep” and there’s that split-second moment where you consider actually telling them things like whether they’re good or bad things whether they’re sad or happy or anything at all you just think about telling them […]
davidkaniganphotography,black and white
The worst possible thing you can do when you’re down in the dumps, tweaking, vaporous with victimized self-righteousness, or bored, is to take a walk with dying friends. They will ruin everything for you. First of all, friends like this may not even think of themselves as dying, although they clearly are, according to recent […]
Source: themetapicture (Thank you Susan)
Who knows, maybe those two rogue leaders, Gandhi and Jesus, were right – a loving response changes the people who would beat the shit out of you, including yourself, of course. Their way, of the heart, makes everything bigger. Decency and goodness are subversively folded into the craziness, like caramel ribbons into ice cream. Otherwise, […]
You don’t know why you’re exhausted? You’re fighting a war inside your head every single day. If that’s not exhausting I don’t know what is. ~ My therapist Credits: Quote – Borderline-ings Playbook via Eumoirous. Photography via Eclecticity Light
Was it a coincidence two days before Christmas? Maybe. Maybe not. In an excellent op-ed essay by David Brooks in yesterday’s morning paper and in “Calvary,” yesterday’s evening movie, the themes were conjoined. Doubt and Faith. I share some excerpts on both below. David Brooks, NY Times, The Subtle Sensations of Faith: With Hanukkah coming to an […]
Here’s Geico’s 2014 Hump Day commercial in case you missed it…for the last Hump Day of 2014. Notes: Background on Caleb/Wednesday/Hump Day Posts and Geico’s original commercial: Let’s Hit it Again
What’s the kindest thing you almost did? Is your fear of insomnia stronger than your fear of what awoke you? Are bonsai cruel? Do you love what you love, or just the feeling? Your earliest memories: do you look though your young eyes, or look at your young self? Which feels worse: to know that […]
For the New Year—I still live, I still think; I must still live, for I must still think. Sum, ergo cogito: cogito, ergo sum. To-day everyone takes the liberty of expressing his wish and his favorite thought: well, I also mean to tell what I have wished for myself today, and what thought first crossed […]
Your body aches. You can feel yourself sighing all the way to your knees. Now tell me: what is the word for that. — shinji-moon, from A Physician’s Handbook Notes: Photography:maja via eikadan. Quotes: tohs–kah
Q: There was a strong, negative reaction after you won your Oscar. In a recent interview for Elle U.K., you said, “As with anything difficult, eventually its purpose revealed itself, and I found it ultimately very liberating.” What was its purpose? AH: Self-acceptance. If you’re not someone who has a natural and effortless love for […]
davidkanigan86th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals
New York-based photographer Josephine Cardin created the work ‘Keep Me Silent‘ as a series of self-portraits exploring the weight of the dark secrets, emotions, and experiences we harbor throughout our lives. Josephine Cardin explains: “Weighing us down until we free ourselves from the burden of keeping them hidden, these hardships inevitably dictate every aspect of […]
I am a prophet of the past. And how do you see and foresee the future? As when a man sees a woman with a beautiful body walking before him in the street and looks at her with desire, but she doesn’t turn to look back, just smooths her skirt a little, pulls her blouse tight, […]